Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is it fruitless if you go your flash drive attached to the CPU adjectives the time?

I do a great deal of my homework on my desktop. I save everything on my flash drive. Oftentimes, I forget to detach it from the CPU. I'm wondering if what I'm doing is okay. I'm concerned that the usual rebooting of the CPU might come to an end up corrupting my files. Thanks.

Is it fruitless if you go your flash drive attached to the CPU adjectives the time?

I don't think its a big settlement to leave it on the PC adjectives the time, but if you ever contract a boot sector virus on your computer it will automatically infect your flash drive. after that it is a really big problem to remove such a virus from your flash disk.

The other possibility is contracting that kind of virus on your flash disk: it will infect your PC the subsequent time you boot it.
No, some have be known to boot from a flash drive.
I don't reckon leaving it attached would bring a problem.
Unless you are running it through a USB hub or storing critical files on it this should not be a problem. USB hubs are more succeptable to power surges and there is a risk that they will fry your flash drive. If you are using the drive for storage of critical files (which I don't conjecture you are) then it is best to remove it whenever it is not contained by use.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment