Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is compressing your disk space safe and sound?

What exacly happen when you compress your disk space. I know it makes everything smaller allowing more memory to be stored but is that ok for everything I put on my computer? And is near a way to "undo" the compressing?

Is compressing your disk space safe and sound?

Compression be used a lot contained by by gone years. I remember the first "real" computer that had a hd have one that was 20 megabytes. Of course programs be written a little differently. I wouldn't compress within the day of the 350 gigabyte hd for < $100.
Its unanimously useless, processor has to Uncompress everything it access. Generally used for external harddrives. Don't do it.
Don't do it!



If you need more space include a 2nd drive, or replace the main drive near a new lofty speed (7200 rpm) large drive. I lately saw a 320 gb for $80.



Compressing slows the pc, AND if it ever fail with significant files, they are GONE.
Yes its Safe And yes when you want in the database it will decompress
Unless you are running low on drive space I would not recommend compressing your drive as it will drastically slow the machines performance because your files enjoy to be uncompressed to use then. I would suggest instead of compressing your drive, attach another hard drive to your computer to complete the extra space needed. You can get an external model which plugs into a USB or firewire port short sacrificing show.
terminate a rental lease

No comments:

Post a Comment