Friday, September 17, 2010

Is 1GB RAM low for Vista?

i've give the impression of being some pretty nasty fps drops contained by games I play after i installed vista... could this be because of my 1GB ram?

Is 1GB RAM low for Vista?

Vista is have lots of problems with FPS games and in recent times games in broad. Nvidia and ATI have both updated their drivers in the past few days to fix some of the problems but not adjectives yet.



To answer your cross-examine, Yes part of your slowdown problem is your 1Gb of strike, people are clich¨| 2Gb+ is the way to move about for gaming
I also have 1GB RAM on my laptop which is running vista. I own had a few problems, (nothing major) not single while running games, but also when multitasking. I think it may be something beside the memory Vista takes up...?
1Gb of RAM is the minimum to run Vista Home Basic. A standard rule of thumb is the more RAM you have the faster your computer will run. I would max out my motherboard next to RAM if i were going to upgrade to Vista.
1GB is supposed to work fine beside Vista, i recommend that you try to increase the size of your Page File (virtual memory); this is a file that window creates on the hard drive and uses as a inferior ram.. try to increase the size that memory and trade name sure to create a page file on the drive you've installed your games on...
Probably a video card issue. Make sure you own the latest driver - also try disabling "aero".

No comments:

Post a Comment